[ Main Page || Kodak Contacts || FAQs || File Format || Forums ]

This site is not affiliated with the Eastman Kodak Company.

[Register]  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
Cineon Forum Index Discussions / Questions Power Supply for Kodak Scanner Genesis Plus
Author Power Supply for Kodak Scanner Genesis Plus
AF

Posted: 2007-08-03 00:20   
The electric power supply for our Kodak Scanner Genesis Plus seems to be broken. Does anyone know something about any chances to get support concerning this matter?

In slight hope

Michael

View Profile of AF   Email AF      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Scott

Posted: 2007-08-28 12:14   
Hi Michael,

As you're no doubt aware, the manufacturer stopped providing support of any kind for the Gen+ several years ago. Depending on where you are, you might be able to obtain some freelance assistance (former Kodak engineers/support guys mostly). If you're sure that the problem is limited to the power supply, perhaps that's a good thing: I've no idea if it's an off-the-shelf item (if so, perhaps research will turn out other products that have used it, thus possible sources for a replacement) but even if it's not, it should be possible to trouble-shoot the supply itself down to the component level, provided you have/can get the necessary specs/pinouts to diagnose things (not sure if the factory manual goes into that level of detail or not).

I know some guys out here you get get in touch with (in SoCal) who do on-site work. If you're interested, drop me an email (bcarter9@gmail.com) and I'll send contact info.

Best of luck regardless.

View Profile of Scott   Email Scott      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote

Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic