[ Main Page || Kodak Contacts || FAQs || File Format || Forums ]

This site is not affiliated with the Eastman Kodak Company.

[Register]  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
Cineon Forum Index Discussions / Questions Need to import DPX mattes from Shake to Lustre
Author Need to import DPX mattes from Shake to Lustre
devrishic

Posted: 2006-10-16 07:23   
hi I am Dev , just joined this forum while trying to find a solution to an basic issue I am facing.

I basically need to import matte which I cut in shake (from source .dpx files) which needs to be imported in Lustre...I have tried all the options avaialble in Shake (rgb, rgba, compressed, no-compression..even diff file formats like..tiff, tga etc)but still the mattes are not identified in Lustre..however one workaround in thr which is long way..ie import mattes from Shake to flame -rerender them and then they are detected in Lustre...any solutions?

View Profile of devrishic   Email devrishic      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Scott

Posted: 2006-10-26 14:52   
Sorry, I don't know Lustre, but can't you just export/render the mattes out of Shake as 3-channel image files (Cineon/DPX, RGB, TIFF, etc...) and then import them into Lustre as images from which you THEN re-extract/convert them into mattes? I've done this with other apps a number of times, since (for example) there's no DPX-legal/agreed-upon file format for mattes in most programs.

I.e.: if your matte in Shake is literally just a single channel image, simply use a channel combine tool to convert it into a three-channel image... all three channels will be equal of course, so the matte will still be/look monochrome, but now that it has three channels you can output it in the file format of your choice (something that Lustre will accept). Then just bring the resulting filmroll/files into Lustre and just strip out any single channel to be the matte (or extract a matte from the images).

Good luck.

[ This Message was edited by: Scott on 2006-10-26 14:53 ]

View Profile of Scott   Email Scott      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ahauser

Posted: 2006-10-30 22:24   
Im not a lustre colorist, I'm a Speedgrade colorist, you will have to create some sort of RGBA sequence with the A component being the imbedded alpha channel. A lot of comping systems dont like exporting an alpha channel unless a real 2 or more layer composite has actually being created. Dont know why, it seems stupid.

Adrian

View Profile of ahauser      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote

Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic