[ Main Page || Kodak Contacts || FAQs || File Format || Forums ]

This site is not affiliated with the Eastman Kodak Company.

[Register]  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
Cineon Forum Index Discussions / Questions Cineon Genesis Plus Repair Cost
Author Cineon Genesis Plus Repair Cost
genesisplus

Posted: 2005-08-02 19:20   
Hi,

We are a school from Singapore. We own a Cineon Genesis Plus Film Scanner which was bought in 1995. It has not been used for a number of years now and there are a couple of problems with it, such as the keypad in front of the unit is no longer functioning. The jog function is also not functioning properly, it only can go forward by one frame at a time.

I want to find out if Kodak will still be able to provide servicing to the unit or if anyone can provide me any contacts regarding any company that provides servicing in the asia region that would be great. I need to find out what the cost would be like If we were to try to repair it.

Thanks.

View Profile of genesisplus      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Scott

Posted: 2005-12-02 15:38   
According to the document Kodak sent out here and in Europe (and presumably Asia too) years ago, they no longer provide service for any Cineon products. There are a few good freelance engineer/admin types here in LA who DO work on Gen+ scanners, but I don't know any in Asia though some must exist. If you want LA references, just email me.

View Profile of Scott   Email Scott      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Scott

Posted: 2006-01-22 10:59   
Test.

View Profile of Scott   Email Scott      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ericsing

Posted: 2006-09-09 03:36   
I am looking for a KODAK tri color 4104 X 3 Linear sensor model # KLI-4103 . It was used in a film scanner built by kodak.
Do you want to sell the unit so we can pickup the CCD. Please contact me via masingsing@hotmail.com

View Profile of ericsing      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote

Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic