[ Main Page || Kodak Contacts || FAQs || File Format || Forums ]

This site is not affiliated with the Eastman Kodak Company.

[Register]  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
Cineon Forum Index Discussions / Questions Shake LUT format
Author Shake LUT format
jologs

Posted: 2005-07-18 00:52   
I am viewing Cineon scanned 2K plates in Shake. I can't seem to make the Lookup File node work with the LUT file given to me by the scanning house. It is a single column of numbers that i think plots the graph. It's header starts with
LUT: 3 1024.
What could be wrong?

View Profile of jologs      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Beak

Posted: 2005-09-02 04:41   
Quote:

On 2005-07-18 00:52, jologs wrote:
I am viewing Cineon scanned 2K plates in Shake. I can't seem to make the Lookup File node work with the LUT file given to me by the scanning house. It is a single column of numbers that i think plots the graph. It's header starts with
LUT: 3 1024.
What could be wrong?

Nothing really, scan house might have generated the LUT with different sw. They are the same in principal, but implimented somewhat differently from vendor to vendor. They are easy to translate.
For example, discreet expresses softclip as 0-1023, shake as 0-1. Combustion too, 0-1. Ask you scan shop what they used to make their LUTs, even better, open it up and read the black, white points, etc. and translate to Shake. If your softclip is 120, then in Shake it would be .117 (120/1024) etc.
You are using a 2D LUT, and they're not too hard once you get the hang of it. Also, Shake calls Film Gamma "Ngamma" and it calls Gamma correction "Dgamma". N=Negative, D=display.

Is this making sense? It's late and might not be, email me if you are still having trouble.

---------Beak
Inferno Artist (Lead)/ Digital Colorist
http://www.beakfx.com
Beak f(x) Inc. - VFX | Design | Color

[ This Message was edited by: Beak on 2005-09-02 04:44 ]

View Profile of Beak   Goto the website of Beak      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote

Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic