[ Main Page || Kodak Contacts || FAQs || File Format || Forums ]

This site is not affiliated with the Eastman Kodak Company.

[Register]  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
Cineon Forum Index Discussions / Questions Cineon/Cinesite-like services available for 16mm?
Author Cineon/Cinesite-like services available for 16mm?
Foho

Posted: 2004-03-28 14:25   
I have a 16mm silent film of the '39-40 NY World's Fair, which deteriorates a little more every time I project it. It needs to be scanned to digital; a standard film-to-digital projection transfer yields unacceptable results because of damaged splices and film shrinkage. Cinesite never answered my inquiries about 16mm services (theirs or others). I'm a "civilian," not in the film business at all; these are excellent quality home movies. (Irony: while employed at Kodak, I was the industrial designer of all the Cineon equipment.) Can anyone suggest where I should start looking for scan-to-digital services for 16mm?

View Profile of Foho   Email Foho      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Scott

Posted: 2004-06-24 13:02   
Only a few Cineon Genesis/Genesis Plus scanners were ever sold with the optional 16mm kit. DuArt in NYC is one such Cineon customer... Marcus Jenner would be the person to contact there... you can get their number from their website. Good luck.

View Profile of Scott   Email Scott      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Scott

Posted: 2006-09-01 08:54   
You can also contact Animal Logic in Australia... they have a 16mm kit for their Cineon Gen Plus scanner.

View Profile of Scott   Email Scott      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote

Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic